Ministry Sets Up Drive Through Covid-19 Vaccination Sites
As Samoa continues in Alert Level 3 national lockdown, Ministry of Health has announced a shift in approach to vaccination sites, now set up as drive-throughs starting Saturday 26th March 2022 from 8am to 2pm.
This initiative will administer vaccinations including booster shoots of 18 years and above if a minimum of 3 months has passed since completing the two doses of COVID-19.
Also available in drive through are Pfizer vaccinations for children 12 to 17 years old and the Pediatric Pfizer vaccination for children 5 to 11 years old.
The 8 designated sites for the campaign are as follows:
- EPI blue building of the MOH opposite Seb and Rene Store at Motootua
- Malaefatu Park opposite Tanoa at Sogi
- SROS (Scientific Research Organization of Samoa Compound) at Papauta
- In-Front of Government Building at Matagialalua
- Vaitele Market
- SSFA Gym 1 at Tuanaimato
- SSFA Multi-Purpose Gym at Tuanaimato
- Apia Park – Car Park
“On vaccination day, the public is respectfully advised to comply with the preventions and put in place by the Ministry of Health. These include the following;
- Wearing masks is mandatory (adults and children)
- Must bring your vaccination card
- Ensure that you or your child has had breakfast and is well hydrated.
- Provide a copy of birth certificate or passport to confirm your vaccination records
- Wear loose clothing for easy access to the upper arm
- You or your child will need to wait for 15-20 minutes at the vaccination site after being vaccinated.
The public’s understanding and continuous support in keeping Samoa safe is greatly appreciated.