Wednesday 6 April 2022, Apia Samoa. As Samoa continues its efforts to slow the community spread of covid-19, the Ministry of Health have announced that the rollout of paediatric pfizer vaccines for children 5-11 years old, is on hold until further notice.
“Please be advised that there will be 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐟𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥-𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐬𝐞 for Children within the ages of 𝟓-𝟏𝟏 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐟𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞”.
Furthermore, “Children whose Pfizer Vaccination for the 2nd dose is now due or will be due in the coming week(s), your vaccination roll-out will be advised accordingly”.
Samoa’s national vaccination campaign continues, with the target groups now focused on boosters for adults 18 years and above, as well first and second doses of Pfizer vaccines for children aged 12-17 years.
Adults are eligible for their Pfizer booster dose, three months from the date of their second dose of AstraZeneca. The booster is not recommended for those who’ve tested positive and are still fighting off symptoms.
𝐎𝐧 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨:
• MUST BRING YOUR VACCINATION CARD
• Ensure that you and your child wear masks
• Ensure that you or your child have had breakfast and you’re well hydrated
• Provide a copy of birth certificate or passport to confirm your vaccination records
• Wear loose clothing for easy access to the upper arm