The Public is hereby advised that trenching works will be undertaken by the Electric Power Corporation (EPC) on the following dates and times stated below.
- Friday 16th August – 6pm to 8am Saturday morning,
- Saturday 17th August – 6pm to 8am Sunday morning, and
- Sunday 18th August from 2pm till late.
Works will enable trenching and lay ducting for a backup power supply line to the main Government building, Central Bank of Samoa and other developments under the Apia Waterfront Project.
Works will begin on Beach Road heading inland to Convent St via Post Office Road, ending across from the Samoa Housing Corporation.
Given the extent of the works required the following closure and barricades along the working area on the Beach Road and Post Office Road to Convent Street is as follows:
• Beach Road will be sealed off to motorists during the works, only for Friday evening to Saturday morning starting from the Town Clock Round About, to the front of the Samoa Tourism Authority office opposite the Catholic Cathedral.
• Road between ANZ Bank and Post Office will be opened for usual traffic flow however, barriers and safety signs will be located along the excavated area from Friday 6pm-Saturday 8am, Saturday 6pm- Sunday until works is completed.
Therefore, motorists are advised to take note of these changes and use alternative routes for travelling. Pedestrians can still access these buildings but are advised to be more cautious of the ongoing works as area will be used to mobilize EPC technical teams and heavy machineries.
We thank you for your support and patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Land Transport Authority and Electric Power Corporation