The MINISTRY OF HEALTH has issued a Special Travel Advice for travellers from AMERICAN SAMOA ENTERING SAMOA issued 19 May 2022 by MOH Acting Director General of Health Tagaloa Robert Thompsen..
COVIDI9 Variants affecting our region and the global communities is noted with much concern, hence our Border control efforts is elevated and strictly enhanced.
All Passengers travelling from outside of American Samoa must complete ten (10) days from the date of arrival into American Samoa. Any passenger arriving within the 10 day period will be denied entry and returned back to American Samoa.
Only Samoan Residents/Citizen, essential workers and those approved for medical and visa clearance are allowed to enter Samoa.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE ENFORCED AND MUST BE COMPLIED WITH.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH – ANY OTHER LANGUAGE WILL BE DENIED
BOARDING WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
1. All Travelers 5 years and above including flight crew are NOW required to be fully vaccinated with the prescribed 2 doses with the exception of Jansen vaccine before entry into Samoa with any COVID-19 vaccine and preferably vaccines already prequalified by the World Health Organization (AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Janssen-single dose, Moderna, Sinopharm, etc,etc).
2. A legitimate vaccine certificate is required for boarding. Being fully vaccinated implies completion of the required prescribed doses as per vaccine used. All should have completed 2 weeks (14 days) post vaccination prior to travel. The vaccine certificate must be a Health Authority Approved Certificate/Card of country where vaccination took place and should contain at least the following information:
a. Name of Country
b. Name of person – should be the same as name on passport or birth certificate
c. National Identification/Registration Number if available
d. Address of Clinic and contact details
e. Name of Vaccine and Batch Number
f. Dates of Vaccination (must show dates of vaccination including dates of booster doses)
g. Name of Vaccinator (optional)
h. Health Institution Stamp if available
3. A hard copy of vaccine certificate must be presented at check in and on arrival into Samoa for sighting and also during registration at quarantine/isolation facilities.
4. Encourage all eligible passengers to have a booster dose done prior to travel.
5. Medical Clearance signed by attending physician within 48 hours before departure. The medical clearance report must be presented in hard copy on arrival.
6. COVID-19 rtPCR tests report within 48 hours before departure. The COVID-19 rtPCR report
must be presented in hard copy on arrival
7. All passengers are responsible for their own transport and self/home isolation arrangements.
On Arrival into Samoa
a. All passengers are required to wear face mask at all times.
b. All passengers on arrival must submit to a Nasal pharyngeal Swab for PR testing.
C. All passengers or guardian must sign a consent for self/home isolation
d. All passengers must self/home isolate for 7 days
e. All passengers must provide a valid local phone number and email/facebook address.
f. All passengers are required to arrange and have a medical supervised Rapid Antigen Test
(RAT) done at any health facility or private clinic on day 3 and day 7 of self/home
isolation and report results to the Ministry of Health,
g. Self-Testing at home is NOT acceptable.
h. Any passenger with a POSITIVE test must self/home isolate for 10 days from the date
tested positive with a repeat test done on day
i . All close contacts of a positive case must also self/home isolate for 7 days with RAT test
done on day 7.
j. All Positive RAT tests require a nasopharyngeal swab to be done for PC and Genomic testing.
k. Failure to provide required information and adherence to self/home isolation requirement
will result in a fine of $2,000.00 Samoan Tala or higher or to the extent of your name
Your compliance with the conditions listed is imperative to ensuring the safety of all travelers and our people in Samoa. We endeavor to keep Samoa COVID-19 Free.
Travellers are also required to download the Samoa Travel Tracer app onto their phones before travel. You can download the app from the Samoa Tourism Authority website or directly from Google play for android and Apple for IPhones or use the following links:
Google Play – https://bit.ly/32YPxL5
App Store – https://apple.co/3k01wlO
The Ministry of Health appreciates your full compliance and patience on arrival as you may experience long delays.
We pray for your safe travel to Samoa.
Dr Robert Edward Thomsen
Acting Director General of Health