Samoa Tourism Authority (STA) has hosted a series of industry sessions to help enhance Samoa’s tourism products and services.
Held in Apia and Savai’i over two days, the Industry Talanoa Meets initiated by STA, gathered local tourism industry members to discuss and collaborate on issues such product offerings, marketing and promotion, research and statistics, and suitable policies for industry development.
Honourable Minister Toeolesulusulu Cedric Salesa Schuster shared his inspiring remarks during the meeting, emphasising the need for tourism industry operators and STA to work together to increase the number of visitors to Samoa following the global COVID-19 pandemic.
“It is Samoa Tourism Authority’s goal to better promote and entice potential visitors to choose Samoa over other Pacific Island countries as a place to visit, relax and recuperate from the rigours of life,” said Toeolesulusulu.
“Samoa is the destination for travellers wanting to learn about a different culture and way of life, enjoy the beauty of nature in its pristine and unspoilt way, celebrate special occasions and events, and to reconnect with their aiga (family).”
The industry sessions covered:
● Tourism Product – features of Samoa as an attractive tourism destination
● Tourism Marketing & Promotion – How we want visitors to imagine Samoa
● Research & Statistics – Understanding numbers is crucial to better inform business decisions
● Policies for Tourism Development – Actions and behaviours needed to fulfil our goals as a sound tourism destination
● Group Presentations – Open discussions on What’s Next.
STA says they will now collate all feedback provided at the sessions on ways to best improve Samoa’s tourism offering and position Samoa as a preferred travel destination.
These recommendations will then be presented to the industry during its final Industry Talanoa Meet and Validation Workshop on Tuesday 14th March at Hotel Tanoa Tusitala in Apia.