Malua Theological College Announces 23 Successful Entry Exam Candidates for 2021
The Congregational Christian Church of Samoa’s (CCCS) Malua Theological College has announced the 23 successful entrants who have passed the annual entrance exam for 2021.
The list was issued by School Principal and Head of the theological college, Maafala Lima. The number is the same as last year’s list, also with 23 candidates.
Passing the exam does not mean automatic entry to Malua. All 23 candidates are now subject to the Tautinoga – a stringent interview process that is conducted by the High Council of the EFKS church, Komiti o Toeaina Faatonu, to test character, attitudes and behaviour of candidates. The criteria now also includes a medical certificate to ensure candidates have a clean bill of health before entering the theological college.
The district with the highest number of candidates is Apia i Sasae, with six.
Out of the 23, there are six overseas candidates – four from Australia all Queenslanders, and two from New Zealand.
Malua Theological College officially opened on the 24th September 1844 by Rev. George Turner and Rev. Charles Hardie of the London Missionary Society. For more than one hundred and seventy years, Malua Theological College has provided training for future ministers of the Congregational Christian Church of Samoa (CCCS) and other partner Churches, as well as their spouses.
List of Successful Candidates:
1. Afaese Falanai – Kuiniselani Saute.
2. Alipapa Tuuau Malaga – Lotofaga-Lepa – Aleipata.
3. Aperaamo Apelu – Falealili-Safata-Siumu.
4. Aukuso Eneli Gasolo – Itu o Tane.
5. Caesar Utufua – Apai.
6. Frank Faatau – Kuiniselani I Saute.
7. Fale Laban – Apia i Sasae.
7. Kaleuati Tusi – Apia i Sasae.
9. Lance Junior Tautiepa – Kuiniselani.
10. Lualua Manila – Apia I Sasae.
11. Makarios Fatu Malaefono – Faasaleleaga.
12. Makesi Namulauulu – Faleata.
13. Misioka Nicholas Tanielu – Apia I Sasae.
14. Nuutasi Fuiavailiili Neria – Manukau.
15. Peresia Muagututia – Lotofaga-Lepa-Aleipata.
16. Samuelu John Ah Sam – Apia I Sasae.
17. Sebastian Tuifao – Kuiniselani.
18. Slam Opetaia Samuelu – Aana.
19. Spencer Eseese Leuta -Itu o Tane.
20. Talia Iati – Lotofaga-Lepa-Aleipata.
21. Vagatai Muaau – Niu Sila I Saute.
22. Viliamu Eletise Sua – Apia.
23. Vincent Faaofo – Apia I Sasae.