The LAUNCH of the SAMOA HUMAN RESOURCES INSTITUTE (SHRI) will take place on Saturday, 24th November 2018, 9.00am to 10.00am, at Hotel Elisa, Conference Room.
The launch is an initial stepping stone towards promoting and developing the Institute and the recognition of the Human Resources (HR) field as a profession in Samoa.
The establishment of this HR Institute is an ongoing initiative for Samoa, started over the past year by a group of local HR professionals and practitioners, who have come together to brainstorm and coordinate this initiative, and to promote and champion HR as a profession in Samoa.
The work undertaken over the year to arrive at this Launch included the development of a Constitution and the incorporation of the SHRI under the Samoa Incorporated Societies Ordinance 1952. With this recognition under the law and with its Constitution in place, SHRI now has the mandate to guide its governance and management in ensuring that good practices are in place for efficient and effective management of the Institute.
The objectives of the SHRI as stipulated under its Constitution are as follows:
- Recognition of Human Resources (HR) as a profession and its role in organisation strategy;
- Setting standards for the HR profession in Samoa;
- Improving practices in people and organisational development;
- Establishing a National Accreditation of HR professionals;
- Setting membership requirements and regulation;
- Establishing networks and strengthening partnerships;
- Being a knowledge hub for sharing HR best practices and for setting standards of excellence in people and organisation development; and
- Building capacity and enhancing development opportunities
The SHRI has a current registration of 44 professionals and practitioners, from the private, public and civil society sectors. We hope the SHRI’s launch will boost interest and attract more members down the line.
SHRI recognises the value of people as the greatest assets and resources in any organisation. With the many developments in a rapidly changing world, organisations must strategically position their HR functions to respond to diverse challenges and demands in a competitive environment, and to achieve their business goals and objectives.
The recognition of HR as a profession in Samoa is still at its infancy and we hope that through SHRI, organisations will be more accountable to meet good governance standards in their HR functions and recognise the value of their people and workforce in achieving their business goals and targets.
We recognise that ongoing work for the development of the Institute to achieve its objectives requires the full support of our members and key partners in the private, public and civil society sectors.
The program for the Launch is as follows:
9.00am Welcome, President, SHRI | Opening prayer
9.10am Keynote Address and Launch,
Hon. Tuilaepa Fatialofa Auelua Lupesoliai Dr Sailele Malielegaoi,
Prime Minister of Samoa
9.30am End of Launch and Breakfast
If you are interested to join us at this brief breakfast launch of our SHRI, please contact the following persons for registration:
- Secretary of the SHRI, Ms Eleline Lafi-Simamao, ACEO, Public Service Performance and Policy Division, Samoa Public Service Commission, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 22123 / 7287303.
- Treasurer of the SHRI, Faumuina Ms Marei Faimanu-Tufuga, Manager HR, National Bank of Samoa, Email: email@example.com Tel: 26766 / 7779706.
We look forward to seeing you at the Launch.