The people of Samoa continue to pray and seek God at this time of the measles outbreak that has taken so many young children and babies.
Our travels through life can take us through the experience of loss, of someone or something dear. The loss of a loved one through death is one of life’s most intense challenges, and the pain can be overwhelming. But God doesn’t leave you to suffer alone. We claim his promises, and find comfort in these verses from His Living Word.
1. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted” (Matthew 5:4). Jesus himself spoke these words. The Lord will wrap His arms of love and comfort around those who trust in Him.
2. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3). Lean on God and allow Him to continue the process of healing your broken heart.
3. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble” (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4). God loves you and will comfort you during hardships, and then place you in a place where you can use that enduring strength to comfort others.
4. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). God promises to be with you and get you through this time of intense loss, disappointment and loneliness.
5. “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4). Depend on His guidance to lead you out of that dark valley.