Be Prepared for Vaccination Day – What You Need to Know
30 March 2022 Apia Samoa. Samoa is rolling out its mass vaccination program starting on Thursday 31st for Upolu and Friday for Savaii as announced by Prime Minister Hon Fiame Naomi Mataafa earlier this week.
Drive-thru vaccination sites will be set up across Upolu, however to ensure the public are prepared, the Ministry of Health have issued the following check list for the public:
• Ensure that you and your child is wearing a masks
• Ensure that you or your child has had breakfast and you are well hydrated.
• Provide a copy of birth certificate or passport to confirm your vaccination records
• Wear loose clothing for easy access to the upper arm
• You or your child will need to wait for 15-20 minutes at the vaccination site after being vaccinated and
• MUST BRING YOUR VACCINATION CARD.
The rollout will be available for:
✅Paediatric Pfizer Vaccination for 5-11 year olds. (1st Dose ONLY) for children who just turned 5 or who have not yet vaccinated.
✅Booster Vaccination for 18 years and above. There must have been a minimum of 3 months since completing the first two doses of COVID-19.
✅Pfizer Vaccinations cor 12-17 year olds (1st & 2nd Doses).
The official correspondence signed by Acting Director General Dr Glen Atoa Fatupaito is as below: