1,288 Active Community Cases, 3 in Isolation Ward TTMH, None in ICU

0
197

29 March 2022 Apia Samoa. The daily report on community cases issued by the Ministry of Health confirms 125 new cases detected in the 24 hours preceeding Monday 28th March 2022 at 2:00pm.

“This brings the total number of community cases recorded since 17th March 2022 at 1,364 of which 1,288 are active community cases”.

“Approximately 96 percent of community cases are confirmed in Upolu with the remaining 4 percent of total cases in Savaii,” states the release. Savaii’s numbers have increased by 13, from 36 to 49 while the bulk of cases are in Upolu.

The islands of Manono and Apolima remain covid free. Slightly more women than men remains unchanged – “57 percent of community cases are women while 43 percent are men”. Also unchanged is the prevalence of infections being among those between 15 and 35 years of age.

The Ministry of Health confirms that 16,842 RATs have been administered to date since the first case was detected. This was reported as 16,380 yesterday – indicating that 462 tests were administered in the past 24 hours, resulting in the 125 new cases.

The positivity rate for the total number of positive cases to total tests conducted is 8% while the daily rate for the past 24 hours is 27%.

Public Notices


UTOS AGM POSTPONEDĀ